For some lucky people, the garden's bounty hasn't been depleted yet. What would make a Holiday dinner better than fresh fares from the garden? Before you overturn the garden for next year, look at what's left. A bit of kale, some squash, a pumpkin or two that weren't ready for Halloween, some resilient herbs that are leftover, what about your potatoes and carrots? These have the means to dress any holiday meal.
There is nothing more rewarding for a gardener than the ability to share their harvest.
- Braised kale makes an absolutely delicious side dish to your turkey.
- Butternut squash is an incredibly versatile vegetable. Cream it into soup for a fabulous starter, bake it into scrumptious bread, or steam it for a side dish.
- Pumpkin pie is a great dessert and this year you can boast that it's from your own garden.
- If you left a few potatoes and carrots behind, dig them up - no meal is complete without mashed potatoes and a vegetable side dish!
- Finally, add some thyme or rosemary to your gravy for a unique twist on a Holiday dinner staple.
Whether it's an intimate celebration or a large family get together, be sure to secure your bragging rights and use what's left in your garden! Visit our Into The Kitchen section or get a quick start with the choices below. Cheers!